With Google My Business, getting your business information to stand out on Google Search and Maps is easier than you think. See how you can create a Business Profile that will help attract new customers and engage your current customers when they search for you.
Why Implement Google My Business?
- Visibility -Google My Business helps you get your business to stand out on Google Search and Maps! You can use pictures, contact info, and more to showcase your business when people search online.
- Time Saver –
When you use Google My Business, you’ll be able to easily manage your Business Profile online and on our mobile app, even when you have multiple locations. Just think of the time you’ll save by being able to manage all of your locations from one app!
- Customer Engagement –
You can use Google My Business features to connect with your customers by responding to their reviews or to enhance your ads (if you use Google Adwords). This will be a great way to engage with your customers and share info about your business
How it Works
Omwami has just expanded his small ugali shop to three new locations. He’s so excited to be growing, but is concerned his customers might get confused with so many locations. Luckily, he has Google My Business to help!
Share information with customers
Omwami wants to use his Business Profile to connect with his current customers and attract new ones. With Google My Business, he can do both! He just has to make sure he provides all of his information when he sets up his profile.
- Once Omwami creates an account, he can add his business information to create a profile. He wants to make sure he adds enough information so his customers know when he’s open, where he’s located, and how to contact him. He adds the address for each location, the corresponding phone numbers, his open hours, and a link to his website and online menu. Omwami already has a great website, but if he didn’t she would be able to create one using Google My Business.
- Now that Omwami has ugali shops in multiple locations, he wants to make sure customers are able to find him. He can set up his Business Profile so they are more likely to appear when customers use Google Maps and Search. That way, customers will be able to find him when they are near his shops.
- To make sure his Business Profile stands out, Omwami adds some photos of his speciality ugali flavours. He also adds a post about the monthly ugali promotion he runs, which will be visible across Maps and Search. Customers love seeing the monthly promotion when it’s released, so this should definitely keep them interested.
- It only took Omwami a little while to set up his profile and now his business will be front and center when customers search for local ugali shops. Since Google My Business can be used to manage all of his business locations with one account, Omwami will be able to keep his Business Profile current without having to manage multiple accounts, which means he can spend more time coming up with fun new ugali menu!
Engage with customers
Since Omwami customers are searching for him online, he wants to make sure he has a way to connect with them. He knows this is one of the best ways to get them to come to his shops. Omwami can do more with Google My Business than list his business information. It’s also a great tool for engaging her customers.
- Respond to Reviews
Omwami loves to know what his customers think about his ugali shops, especially considering his dedication to creating great ugali flavours and a welcoming atmosphere. When his customers leave reviews mentioning this, it helps his business stand out even more. Plus, with Google My Business, Omwami can respond to the reviews his customers leave. He can thank them for a great review or address any concerns they might have.
- Communicate with customers
Some customers don’t want to call a business to ask for information — they like to send a message electronically. With Google My Business, customers can ask questions or send messages directly and he can respond to them without having to leave the page. Now, he’ll have another way to communicate with his customers.
- Get calls and direction requests from customers
Omwami loves that he is able to get calls and direction requests from customers who see his Google My Business Profile. There’s a handy call button that appears when someone searches for him. Since so many of his customers search using their mobile phones, this will be an easy way for them to get in touch with him. They can also request directions right from the profile, which helps them find her when they are driving or walking around.
See how customers interact with your profile
Omwami has been using Google My Business for a couple of months, and he wants to see how customers are interacting with his profile. He can use the insights feature in Google My Business to track these interactions.
- With Insights, Omwami can review how his customers interact with his profile and use the information to help make changes or improve it. First, he uses insights to see how many people saw his business online and the types of things they were searching for.
- Omwami really wants to see how many of his customers are asking for directions to the areas where he opened his new shops. So, he checks out the search report to view driving direction requests and realizes that two of his locations have had fewer searches than his other locations.
- Now that Omwami has checked Insights, he decides to start using AdWords Express to create ads and target them to the locations that need more advertising. With only a few more steps, he’ll be able to connect his Google My Business account to AdWords Express.